40 Locke Street South, Hamilton, ON
This very thrilling piece of BRICK is actually one of many oldest properties within the space.
The authentic settlement of buy and sale (see picture beneath) is dated June 1846 indicating David Beasley bought the property to William Harris for 75 Pounds Sterling ($138 Canadian) 168 years in the past!
All historic paperwork include the acquisition of this residence, now listed for $469,900 with an open home this Sunday (June 15, 2014) from 2-4pm. View itemizing HERE.
- This property was listed for $109,900 in 2010 and bought for $130,000. I recall being intrigued my the property four years in the past and solely wished I had made the funding again then. There’s little question it should promote this time round, and fetch a pleasant revenue regardless of the funding to renovate and restore.
- Exterior painted in accordance with the colors and magnificence of the 19th century
- 2 staircases: Main + Servant’s
- Arched pocket doorways
- Original plaster crown moulding and medallions
- 10 foot ceilings
- Restored authentic hardwood and trim
- Original claw foot tub
- Living room with stone hearth mantel (painted sadly – see earlier than and after beneath)
|CLICK TO LEARN MORE!|