three TURNER AVE, HAMILTON, ON CIRCA 1911
This beautiful Colonial Revival house performs effectively along with her spectacular character neighbours. This property really presents model identify dwelling on one of the best streets within the metropolis.
Turner Avenue is one of the various richly (property) lined arteries that connects to the guts of the historic Durand neighbourhood north and south of Aberdeen Avenue. And belief me, if this property doesn’t have already got your coronary heart pumping and blood flowing, it certainly will after you’re handled to this visible feast from photographer Tom Vogel.
- 6 bedrooms
- three.5 baths
- 80’ x 140’ lot
- Extra excessive ceilings, pocket doorways, paneled den & extra…
ADVERTISEMENT: CLICK TO LEARN MORE!
Offered at $1,150,000
Listed with Zena Dalton, Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd.
VIEW FULL LISTING HERE
Open House Sunday April 10th 2-4pm!
· Turner Avenue has turned (no pun meant) over just a few properties within the final 5 or so years, together with #three (four years in the past), #5, #7, #9 and #18.
FRESH FACT: COLONIAL REVIVAL STYLE (c. 1890-1940)
Accompanied by images of #three Turner
- A symmetrical façade, however could have facet porches or sunrooms on both or each side.
- Rectangular mass
- Usually a medium pitch, side-gable roof with slender eaves. Hipped roofs and dormers are often seen.
- Multi-pane (six-over-six or six-over-one lights are frequent), double-hung home windows with accurately proportioned shutters, bay home windows.
- The entrance is centered and accented with columns, pilasters, pediment, and/or perhaps hooded to create a lined porch. It could have a fanlight or transom, sidelights, and/or a paneled door
- Other design parts could embrace classical columns, two-story pilasters, quoins at corners, dentil trim beneath eaves, or Palladian home windows.