“The brim of the Escarpment gives many breathtaking views, reminders to Hamiltonians of who they’re and what forces have formed their metropolis…For all of its foibles and frailties, Hamilton is blessed with uncommonly stunning constructing inventory, a few of which dates again to town’s childhood.”
– Michael Gordon , Hamilton Magazine, Spring 2010 Interiors problem
77 Claremont Drive, Hamilton, ON circa 1850s
This residence is really the “summer block-buster” of the Real Estate market. And all of the hype is value it. What’s to not get enthusiastic about this stable limestone manor that pre-dates confederation!?
- The earlier homeowners had torn vintage wallpaper matched and refabricated by customized contractors throughout a restoration directed by the previous curator of Whitehern. To my disappointment the present homeowners have eliminated. Good factor there may be tons extra character to like in lieu of this tragedy. Befores and Afters:
- A discreet trap-door hidden beneath the lounge rug – the area was initially the eating room – results in a crawl area within the basement. It has been instructed that throughout the days of Prohibition, forbidden liquor may very well be stealthily squirrelled away when scornful eyes paid a go to.
- The residence’s namesake was James Chisholm, lawyer to the McQuesten family, and Whitehern workers have found correspondences that trace at convivial social relationships.
- Limestone exterior home
- At fringe of escarpment with metropolis views of Lake Ontario to Toronto
- Imported mahogany paneling within the household room
- three fuel fireplaces
- 2 sunrooms
- Hardwood all through
- Chef’s gourmand kitchen w/granite counters, three sinks & work stations and excessive finish home equipment
- Wine tasting room with french door w/out to yard oasis
- Interlocking walkways, stunning gardens, and an beautiful plunge pool (heated, saltwater & night time lighting
- four bdrms + four bahs (2 ensuites)
View full itemizing HERE
Offered on the market a $1,098,000
Related LINK “Post Mortar”
|CLICK TO LEARN MORE!|