Nice Idea CHARACTER FOR LEASE!

var addthis_config = ;
168 Jackson Street West, Hamilton, Ontario circa 1858
Exceptional area in a unprecedented constructing! Office area for lease in a circa 1858 stone heritage constructing within the downtown core immediately throughout from the CHCH TV constructing.

This former mansion has been meticulously restored and renovated to accommodate discerning professionals who’re all in favour of constructing their apply in synergy with others in a dynamic setting. Private places of work as much as 1000 s/f can be found with entry to actually exceptional shared facilities together with a boardroom, assembly area, totally geared up kitchen(s) and car parking zone.

Check out the pictures under. A visible feast for the eyes!


VIEW LISTING HERE, Offered at $three,000 monthly
Brokerage: Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd.
Photos: Tom Vogel of Vogel Creative

Italianate Style Mansion

Mansard Style Roof with Slate Shingles

Incredible Wood Coiffured Ceilings

Stunning Etched & Beveled Glass Double Entry Doors

Victorian, Hand-Painted Stained Glass Windows Throughout

FRESH FACT:

Located throughout the road from the previous Wesanford Mansion, house of Senator William Sanford, which as soon as occupied many of the block bounded by Caroline, Jackson, Hunter and Bay streets and was described by The Hamilton Spectator as “one of the most magnificent and luxurious homes in the Dominion.”

The home featured an elevator , a billiard room and plenty of Victorian treasures introduced again by the Sanfords of their world travels. 

Senator W.E. Sanford was a Hamilton producer and parliamentarian who constructed this magnificent three-storey, 56-room sandstone mansion residence in 1892. With a greenhouse, spacious lawns, and gardens, and a good looking fountain, it was thought-about a dream palace again within the Victorian period. 
Few males have been richer or increased up the social ladder than William Eli Sanford.Sanford’s was a lifetime of affluence and affect.

His W. E. Sanford Manufacturing Company on the southeast nook of King and John streets was Hamilton’s largest employer within the 1880s and the biggest clothes producer in Canada, with crops throughout the nation.
His house was a centre of society for higher class Hamilton within the late 1800s and it seldom shone extra brightly than on the night of June eight, 1892, when Sanford and his spouse, Harriet, hosted a celebration for 1,000 individuals to welcome their son house from his European honeymoon.
The Spectator recorded how horse-drawn carriages clogged the realm streets, dropping off friends clad in Victorian finery on the mansion’s portico-covered aspect entrance on Caroline Street, about the place the cul-de-sac Wesanford Place is now positioned.
Decked out in her diamonds and carrying a gray silk costume with embroidered chiffon practice, Mrs. Sanford greeted friends within the oak and walnut entrance lobby that was dominated by two bronze statues of Nubians in portals on both aspect and, in a recess on the again, a statue of Atlas holding a globe with a clock within the center.
While refreshments have been served within the billiard room, meals was laid out on the 33-foot desk within the cavernous oak and mahogany-lined eating room, and overseen by a big complement of liveried waiters and employees.
Outside, an orchestra performed on the garden whereas fairy lights twinkled within the shrubbery and all the electrical and fuel lights blazed via the numerous home windows of the north-facing mansion, which was full of the perfume of numerous bouquets of contemporary flowers.
Residents from different neighbourhoods packed the streets across the property with their faces pressed to the excessive wrought iron fence that enclosed the grounds to take heed to the music and watch Hamilton excessive society at play.
“It was a scene of kaleidoscopic beauty and animation which will not soon pass from the memories of those who witnessed it,” mentioned The Spectator.
The Sanford identify lives on in Hamilton with Sanford Avenue and Wesanford Place. Some of the railings on the properties of Wesanford Place have been salvaged from the mansion and, with the retaining wall that runs alongside Jackson Street West, are all that stay of the property (see under).
Mrs. Sanford stayed at Wesanford till her dying in 1938. The fort was then bought and demolished to make means for Wesanford Court.

Source: Hamilton Spectator. READ THE FULL STORY BY CLICKING HERE

 

Click to learn more!
CLICK TO LEARN MORE!


Source link

No Responses

  1. Franchesca July 6, 2017
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Leave a Reply

www.000webhost.com